Please reload

Recent Posts

What is “Making Tax Digital”?

October 6, 2017

Please reload

Featured Posts

Do I need to submit a tax return?

August 1, 2017

Do you fall into any of the following categories between 6th April 2016 and 5th April 2017? 


If so, you will be required to submit a tax return to HMRC by 31st January 2018


  • You were self-employed

  • You got £2,500 or more in untaxed income, for example from renting out a property or savings and investments

  • Your savings or investment income was £10,000 or more before tax

  • You made profits from selling things like shares, a second home or other chargeable assets and need to pay Capital Gains Tax

  • You were a company director - unless it was for a non-profit organisation (such as a charity) and you didn’t get any pay or benefits, like a company car

  • Your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit

  • You had income from abroad that you needed to pay tax on

  • You lived abroad and had a UK income

  • You got dividends from shares and you’re a higher or additional rate taxpayer - but if you don’t need to send a return for any other reason, contact the helpline instead

  • Your income was over £100,000

  • You were a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme

  • You had a P800 from HMRC saying you didn’t pay enough tax last year - and you didn’t pay what you owe through your tax code or with a voluntary payment

  • You are a religious minister

  • You are a Lloyds underwriter


Contact us now for FREE advice about your tax return



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

Advance Payroll and Tax, 1 Angus, Ouston, Chester le Street, DH2 1RU

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Google Places Social Icon